Submarine Force Museum Home of Historic Ship Nautilus
Please visit us on Facebook
The Museum & Nautilus
- About the Museum
- Use of Facilities
- About the USS Nautilus
- Virtual Tours
- Virtual Tours Home
- Museum - Front Walk
- Museum - Main Hall
- Museum - Main Exhibit Area
- Nautilus - Torpedo Room
- Nautilus - Wardroom
- Nautilus - Attack Center
- Nautilus - Control
- Nautilus - Crew Mess
- The Library
We hope that you will find these pages insightful and enjoyable. Please plan to visit the museum the next time you are in Southeastern Connecticut.
The Submarine Force Museum and Historic Ship NAUTILUS Virtual Flash Tour
To view the virtual tour properly, Flash Player 9.0.28 or later version is needed. Please download the latest version of Flash Player and install it on your computer.
The Submarine Force Museum Informational Virtual Tour
- The Front Walk: Located along the front walk of the museum are 4 midget submarines. View photos and learn more on the virtual tour of the Front Walk.
- The Main Hall: Take a look at some of the items inside the museums' main hall.
- Main Exhibit Area: The main exhibit area contains two mini-theaters, each showing a continuous program. It also features a full size replica of Bushnell's turtle. View photos and learn more on the virtual tour of the Main Exhibit Area.
- Medal of Honor Gallery: Learn more about the 8 Submarine Medal of Honor Recipients in the Medal of Honor Gallery.
Historic Ship NAUTILUS Informational Virtual Tour
Aboard NAUTILUS, experience first-hand the thrill of being a submariner as you walk the decks that made Naval history: the world's first nuclear powered vessel, first ship to go to the North Pole, and first submarine to journey "20,000 Leagues under the sea." Explore the spaces where the crew of this amazing ship worked, ate, slept, and entertained themselves on their long voyages far beneath the ocean's waves.
- Topside and the Torpedo Room
- The Wardroom and Officer Staterooms
- Historic Ship NAUTILUS Attack Center
- The Control Room
- The Crew's Mess
QTVR Movies of the USS NAUTILUS
PBS Nova Special 360°Panoramic Views